|COLONEL BRETT A. NEWMAN|
Colonel Brett A. Newman is commander of the Air Force Reserve's 445th Maintenance Group, 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton Ohio. The Group's mission is to provide mission ready aircraft, equipment and fully trained personnel in all areas of aircraft maintenance for C-17 aircraft. These personnel maintain a high degree of combat readiness to support global air mobility missions, contingency operations and operations other than war in support of national interests and objectives.
Colonel Newman earned his commission through the AFROTC program upon graduation from Middle Tennessee State University in 1987. He has served as an acting group commander, commanded a maintenance flight, two other maintenance squadrons, a logistics squadron, and served as a Minuteman II ICBM combat crew commander. He served as an aircraft maintenance officer since 2003 with two overseas tours in support of Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom. Colonel Newman was the winner of the Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Award for field grade manager while stationed at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y.
1987 Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Technology, Middle Tennessee State University,
1993 Master of Science in Aeronautics degree, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach,
1998 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. December 1987 - April 1988, Undergraduate Missile Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. April 1988 - December 1988, Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander, 68th Strategic Missile
Squadron, Ellsworth, AFB, S.D.
3. December 1988 - June 1989, Alternate Command Post Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander,
68th SMS, Ellsworth, AFB, S.D.
4. July 1989 - October 1989, Deputy Missile Combat Crew Flight Commander, 68th SMS,
Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
5. October 1989 - March 1991, Missile Combat Crew Commander, 68th SMS, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
6. April 1991 - July 1991, ACP Missile Combat Crew Commander, 68th SMS, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
7. August 1991 - April 1992, Missile Combat Crew Flight Commander, 68th SMS Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
8. May 1992 - December 1992, Sensor Data Integration Analyst, Foreign Aerospace Science and
Technology Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. January 1997 - December 2000, Transportation Officer, 914th Logistics Support Squadron, Niagara
Falls ARS, N.Y.
10. January 2001 - October 2002, Commander, 914th LSS, Niagara Falls ARS, N.Y.
11. November 2002 - December 2006, Commander, 914th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Niagara
Falls IAP ARS, N.Y.
12. January 2007 - March 2007, Commander, 914th Maintenance Operations Flight, Niagara Falls
13. April 2007 - April 2008, Commander, 914th Maintenance Squadron, Niagara Falls ARS, N.Y.
14. April 2008 - July 2009, Commander, 920th Maintenance Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
15. Jul 2009¬ - November 2011, Commander, 934th Maintenance Group, Minneapolis St. Paul IAP
16. November 2011-Present, Commander, 445th Maintenance Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two M devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF RANK
Second Lieutenant, Sept. 3, 1987
First Lieutenant, Sept. 3, 1989
Captain, Sept. 3, 1991
Major, Oct. 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel, Sept. 30, 2004
Colonel, Sept. 1, 2009
(Current as of December 2011)