|COLONEL STEPHEN D. GOEMAN|
Colonel Stephen D. Goeman is the commander of the 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. In this role he serves as the senior air reserve technician responsible for the training and readiness of over 2000 assigned wing personnel in 19 units with an inventory of nine C-17 Globemaster III aircraft.
Colonel Goeman served eight years on active duty before transferring to the Air Force Reserve in 1987. During that time he flew numerous tactical airdrop and strategic airlift missions supporting such diverse campaigns as Operations Urgent Fury in Grenada and Just Cause in Panama. During his tenure as an Air Force reservist he has been twice mobilized supporting Operations Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. While assigned as a squadron operations officer his unit was awarded the Grover Loening Trophy for two consecutive years as the top flying squadron in all of Air Force Reserve Command. He has deployed on numerous occasions in the Central Command theater of operations to include a tour as an expeditionary air refueling squadron commander. He is a command pilot with more than 9,500 flying hours.
1979 Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, University of Michigan
1986 Squadron Officers School
1993 Air Command and Staff College
2001 Air War College
1. October 1979 - February 1980, Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1980 - February 1981, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. March 1981 - May 1981, C-141 Aircrew Training, Altus AFB, Okla.
4. June 1981 - October 1986, C-141 Instructor Pilot, Tactics Officer, Flight Examiner, 30th Military Airlift Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
5. November 1986 - October 1987, C-141 Standardization/Evaluation Pilot, 438th Military Airlift Wing McGuire AFB, N.J.
6. November 1987 - November 1991, C-141 Instructor Pilot/training Officer, 702nd Military Airlift Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
7. December 1991 - July 1996, Chief of Wing Standardization/Evaluation, 514th Military Airlift Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
8. August 1996 - July 1997, Chief Pilot, 78th Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
9. August 1997 - December 1999, Chief of Aircrew Standardization/Evaluation, 514th Operations Group McGuire AFB, N.J.
10. January 2000 - February 2003, Operations Officer, 78th Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
11. March 2003 - May 2003, Commander, 76th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron, Bourgas AB, Bulgaria
12. June 2003 - February 2004, Deputy Commander, 514th Operations Group, McGuire AFB, N.J.
13. March 2004 - November 2005, Commander, 514th Operations Group, McGuire AFB, N.J.
14. December 2005 - April 2008, Vice Commander, 459th Air Refueling Wing, Andrews AFB, Md.
15. April 2008 - present, Commander, 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Rating: Command pilot
Flight Hours: More than 9,500
Aircraft Flown: C-17, C-5A, C-141A/B, KC-10A, T-37, T-38, KC-135R
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and five oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with one service star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two service stars
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
AF Longevity Service with six oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 4 'M' devices and silver hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
AF Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
Reserve Officers Association
Veterans of Foreign Wars
Airlift Tanker Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Feb. 14, 1980
First Lieutenant Feb. 14, 1982
Captain Feb. 14, 1984
Major March 10, 1989
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 18, 1998
Colonel March 1, 2004
(Current as of February 2012)