CMSgt Christopher B. Williams is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The wing supports Air Mobility Command's global airlift requirements in peace, war, national emergencies, and humanitarian efforts. The 445th Airlift Wing is manned with more than 2,000 assigned wing personnel in 19 units with an inventory of nine C-17 Globemaster III aircraft and provides aeromedical evacuation.
Chief Williams advises the wing commander and staff on mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, utilization, health, morale, and welfare of approximately 1,850 enlisted personnel and serves as their liaison to the commander. He also serves as the functional manager for wing group superintendents and squadron first sergeants.
CMSgt Williams entered the active-duty Air Force in 1984, took a break in service in 1991 and after 9/11 entered the Air Force Reserve. His background consists of field level aircraft maintenance, aircraft battle damage repair instructor, Services Sustainment and held special duty assignments as Aircraft Depot Repair and First Sergeant.
In 1990, CMSgt Williams deployed to Operation DESERT SHIELD/STORM for both aircraft battle damage and depot level support. In 2007, he deployed to Operation IRAQI FREEDOM as Services Lodging Specialist. Prior to his current position, he concurrently served as both the Chief Enlisted Manager for the 954 Reserve Support Squadron and the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Commander Joint Transportation Reserve Unit, United States Transportation Command.
1987 Air Force NCO Preparatory Course, Minot AFB, N.D.
1990 Air Force NCO Leadership School, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2005 Air Force NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence.
2005 Associates of Applied Science, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force.
2007 Associates of Applied Science, Restaurant, Hotel and Fitness Management, CCAF.
2009 Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Associates of Arts, Human Resource Management, CCAF.
2010 Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence.
2011 Air Force Senior NCO Leadership Development Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
2015 Air Force Operational Leadership Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
2016 Air Force Reserve Command Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Warner Robins AFB, Ga.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by correspondence
2019 Air Force Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. July 1984 - October 1988, Aircraft Structural Maintenance Specialist, 5th Field Maintenance Squadron, 5th Bombardment Wing (Heavy), Strategic Air Command, Minot AFB, N.D.
2. October 1988 - November 1991, Special Duty Assignment, Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman, 2953rd Combat Logistics Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. December 1990 - March 1991, Aircraft Battle Damage Team, 1703rd Air Refueling Wing Provisional, King Khalid International Airport, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
4. November 1991 - October 2002, break in service
5. October 2002 - November 2005, Aircraft Battle Damage Repair Specialist, Assessor and Instructor, 445th Combat Logistics Support Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. December 2005 - December 2008, Services Journeyman and Additional Duty First Sergeant, 445th Services Flight, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio (January 2007 - May 2007, Lodging Specialist, 407th Expeditionary Services Squadron, Ali Air Base, Iraq)
7. December 2008 - October 2011, First Sergeant, 445th Force Support Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. October 2011 - December 2012, First Sergeant, 445th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. December 2012 - May 2015, First Sergeant, 445th Maintenance Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. May 2015 - Sept 2016, First Sergeant, 87th Aerial Port Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. October 2016 - March 2019, Chief Enlisted Manager, 954 Reserve Support Squadron and Senior Enlisted Advisor, USTRANSCOM-JTRU, Scott AFB, Ill.
13. March 2019 - February 2021, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 910 Airlift Wing, Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio
14. February 2021 - present, Command Chief, 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
John L. Levitow Honor Graduate, NCO Preparatory Course, Minot AFB, North Dakota
NCOA Leadership and Management Award, NCO Leadership School, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
Veterans of Foreign Wars - Lifetime Member since 1995
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Feb. 27, 1984
Airman Aug. 27, 1984
Airman First Class Feb. 27, 1985
Senior Airman Feb. 27, 1987
Sergeant Feb 27, 1988
Staff Sergeant Jan. 1, 1989
Technical Sergeant Mar. 1, 2005
Master Sergeant Mar. 1, 2007
Senior Master Sergeant Jan. 1, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant Dec.1, 2016
(Current as of February 2022)