Wright-Patt honors new chiefs

  • Published
  • By R.J. Oriez
  • 88th Air Base Wing Public Affairs

Four 445th Airlift Wing Airmen were honored alongside their active-duty counterparts April 5 at the annual Wright-Patterson chief master sergeant recognition ceremony in the National Museum of the Air Force.

Chief Master Sgts. Michael Eonta, 87th Aerial Port Squadron; Robert Thomas, 445th Civil Engineer Squadron; Michael Blake, 445th Maintenance Group; and Kyle Truelsen, 445th Maintenance Squadron; were among the 11 selectees who joined the top 1% of the enlisted corps.

Retired Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force James Roy challenged the new chiefs to continue improving themselves.

“Don’t wish it was easier. Wish you were better,” Roy said. “You got to continue to push yourself forward. If we’re going to advance, if we’re going to take the Air Force (and) Space Force to the next level, that we need to rapidly, in General (CQ) Brown’s words, rapidly. You’re going to have to do what that model just said.”

Chief Master Sgt. Lloyd Morales, 88th Air Base Wing command chief, congratulated the new chiefs – and their families – for their hard work in making to the top, but also challenged them not to take it easy now.

“Throughout your career, you’ve understood and personify that the only time success comes before work is in the dictionary,” he said. “You’ve made it to the top 1 percent, but that does not give you an excuse to do less; it instills a responsibility to do more. The other 99% is counting on you. You worked hard to get here, but now the real work begins.”

Below are WPAFB’s other new chief master sergeants (listed by unit):

88th Medical Group
Brandon Mosher
Elise Redziniak

Air Force Institute of Technology
Bruce Woo

Air Force Life Cycle Management Center
Crystal Harris

Air Force Materiel Command
Casey Harrell
Annette Johnson

National Air and Space Intelligence Center
Scott DeFrancesco

This article was localized by 445th Airlift Wing Public Affairs.