An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


If your question relates specifically to the 445th Airlift Wing, please see the questions below. For questions related to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, visit the WPAFB web page.  For more information about Air Force Reserve Command, visit AFRC's website If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting the "About Us" page of Air Force Link. If you have a general military question, please refer to the Department of Defense Frequently Asked Questions page.


Collapse All Expand All
 445th Airlift Wing Tour Program

How can I request a tour of the C-17?

Note: Due to weather conditions, our tour season will resume again the first week of April.

The 445th Public Affairs office offers public tours for ROTC, JROTC, recruiting and educational groups of 10 or more individuals planning to visit the 445th Airlift Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Our tour season runs the first week of April thru the first week of November and depends on weather conditions.

Tours are designated for those 8 years and older. If your group is interested in visiting the 445th and/or C-17 Globemaster III only and not the base, we can assist with your request. If your group would like to visit the 445th and other facilities on the base as well, please request your tour through 88th Air Base Wing Public Affairs office at 937-522-3252.

Tours are only conducted on Fridays during the business day. We can start as early as 9 a.m. The last tour would end by 2 p.m. Due to the cold climate, aircraft tours are not conducted during the winter months. Mission requirements may cause last minute cancellations. 

A minimum of 30 days notice is required for all tours and requests are taken on a first come, first served basis. A list of names must be provided to us no later than 7 days before your scheduled tour. 

You can contact the 445th Public Affairs office at 937-257-5784 to check the availability of a specific date or for any questions about the tour program. Click here for a downloadable tour request form that must be filled out and sent back to PA.

 Air Force Bases
How can I find a list of Air Force bases, both overseas and stateside?

Air Force Link, the official internet web site of the United States Air Force, contains a listing of bases.
For this info, please visit:
 Flyover Requests
How do I request a flyover for my event?

Air Force to Resume Limited Aerial Events Program in 2015
The United States Air Force will be resuming a limited aerial events program in 2015. Budgetary constraints require that the flyover program be scaled back from historical numbers. For more information and to submit a flyover request go to;
All requests for a flyover needs Air Force Public Affairs at the Pentagon approval before we can support it. The approval doesn't automatically guarantee support. After it is approved, contact the unit and request a flyover for your event. The 445th Airlift Wing is home to the C-17 Globemaster III aircraft.
 Honor Guard
How do I request Honor Guard Services?

For more information on requesting the Honor Guard, please visit the 445th Honor Guard page.
 Humanitarian Airlift
How do I request humanitarian goods to be airlifted by the government?

Our unit cannot accept any packages to be airlifted without government approval. The government does offer free transportation of humanitarian goods through a program called the Denton Program. To apply for this program go to their website:
 Patch Request
How do I request a wing patch or other Air Force memorabilia?

The 445th Airlift Wing is not able to provide patches, uniform items, and other forms of military memorabilia. However, Air Force Museums and several private companies exist to meet your needs.
 Space "A" Flights
How do I sign up for a Space "A" Flights?

Military members, retirees and in some cases family members may fly Space A. Contact Wright-Patterson's passenger terminal at (937) 257-6235.
 Speakers Bureau
How do I request a speaker to come to my organization or school?

The 445th Airlift Wing has a very active speakers bureau which provides speakers and special programs to civic and community organizaitons.
Individuals interested in having a member of the wing provide a special program for their ciivic group or school should contact the 445th Airlift Wing Public Affairs Office at (937) 257-5784 or send an e-mail to
 World Wide Locator
I am interested in getting in contact with a buddy I used to be stationed with. Can you help?

The Air Force Worldwide Locator handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force personnel.


The Air Force Worldwide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the U.S. Air Force (active duty, Guard, Reserve, retired and Civil Service personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available.


Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense. All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.


Location/mailing address:


550 C St West Ste 50

JBSA-Randolph, TX 78150-4752


Customer service hours:

Monday-Friday (except federal holidays)

7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CDT


DSN: 665-2660


Required information:

The following information is required to make a positive identification:


Full name to include a middle initial, rank (officer/enlisted/GS)

Social Security number or Air Force serial number

Date of birth or an Air Force duty history including the place, month and year of assignments after June 1970


No assignment information is available prior to June 1970.


Official request:

DOD official requests may be handled over the phone, providing the requester gives their full name, rank, Social Security number, organization and purpose of the request. Failure to provide requested information will result in non-disclosure of requested information.


Federal or state government agency requests for information must be in pursuant to the Privacy Act as stated in the United States Code 552(a)(7). The request must be in writing on official letterhead and signed by a section chief or higher.


Law enforcement agency requests must be in writing on the appropriate letterhead.


Unofficial requests:

All unofficial requests must be in writing and fees may not be applicable.


Your request should state who you are looking for, your name, address and telephone number. Put this information in an unsealed envelope with a return address, proper postage affixed and the individual's name in the addressee portion of the envelope. Place this envelope in a larger envelope with your check or money order for $3.50 made payable to DAO-DE JBSA-Randolph and mail to the Locator address given above. Your request constitutes consent to release of this information to the member.



A fee of $3.50, per individual request, is required from all personnel or businesses requesting addresses on military personnel. Requests must be in writing.


The Worldwide Locator also provides a "Statement or Verification of Service." This applies to active duty Air Force personnel only. A fee of $5.20, per individual written request, is required.


Checks or money orders must be made payable to DAO-DE JBSA-Randolph.


There is no fee for requesters that are either on active duty, serving in the Guard or Reserve, or retired individuals.